Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Comfort Bras

Before working at Jo Karen, I never wore a bra. Due to a lack of information on the subject (brafitting should be taught in school!) I thought a bra was designed to be uncomfortable. Only after Jo and Karen opened my eyes did I realize a bra was supposed to work for me, and do what I wanted, and be an asset in my closet!

As much as I love my traditional, back closure, structured, molded cup and underwired bras for my work clothes and formal situations... I am all about seamless, wirefree comfort the rest of the time. When I'm chasing down my nephew, walking the dog or other everyday activities, I want my bra to be effortlessly supporting me and not create tension lines under my lighterweight clothing. To give you a frame of reference, in the nine years I've been working at Jo Karen I have been a size 32DD-34D.

In the previous post I referenced Blue Canoe cotton bras, which were my first unstructured lingerie love. However, the recent addition to our lineup includes Coobies [pictured] which are hugely popular. Cute colors, adjustable straps, optional modesty pads - this seamless, half-cami-looking bra replacement is a very useful addition to a bra wardrobe, especially for the summer.



And a step up from that, in terms of quality fabric and invisibility under clothes, are two offerings from Wacoal - the b-smooth line which includes a tank-style with removable modesty pads [pictured] as well as a thin cami style which provides a lightweight, summer friendly layer of support. The other line from Wacoal includes the Cool Definition bra which is purported to literally cool your skin AND it's made of an eco-friendly material in a very athletic racerback design.



For me, it's very relieving to know that there are a number of options that will not only feel great while supporting me, but also be very smooth under my tanks and sheer tops. So if comfort is key for you as you shop for your summer wardrobe, let us assist you!

See you soon,
Jaye
Assistant Manager

No comments:

Post a Comment